For most couples, their wedding day marks the start of their new life together. For this reason the couple will want a wonderful ceremony, something to be remembered for the rest of their life.
Love, romance and ritual make this mysterious and magical event one of the most excitig and memorable experiences of life. So what kind of ceremony will be chosen?
The best way to get started is to ask yourself a lot of questions such as:
- What religious traditions, if any, do I want to incorporate into my ceremony?
- What rituals (unity candle, handfasting, sand ceremony, etc) do I like?
- How long do I want my ceremony to be?
- Do I want a casual or formal ceremony?
- Do I want the audience to participate in any way?
- Will we have readings or other stories incorporated into the ceremony?
Remeber that your ceremony is the heart of your day. It’s the reason for all the celebration that follows.
But above all is about you: what you mean to each other, what you hope your life together will be like, what strengths you bring to support each other.